Monday, November 22, 2010

Vegas 2010

My mom and I just got back from our annual Vegas trip. This year we stayed at the Planet Hollywood.

Here are the views from our windows!

For the first day, we lunched at Mon Ami Gabi, and walked around Paris.

When I look at this picture of me below, I think how healthy and happy I look...
...Because for the next 24 + hours, this was my view. I somehow managed to get a horrible stomach bug! (Not sure if it was food poisoning, or a stomach flu - my family was sick with something at home, as well - all I know was that I never felt so sick!)
At least I had a pretty view from my bed!


Luckily, we had 3 days left afterwards. I love this picture of my mom taking a picture!

My stomach was all better a few days later, and I was able to eat this delicious chocolate pizza. It was so funny how my mom loved this, too!

I love looking in the windows of fancy clothing stores.




The Encore and Wynn resorts are so pretty!


I couldn't wait to check out the new City Center. Check out these sculptures - they are made of ice!





My mom needed a little rest - the City Center is a big place!


There is a restaurant in this "tree house."


The outside of the City Center.



A cool glass wall...


The entrance to a sushi bar.



A ice cream and pastry shop.


There was something beautiful around every corner!

We went to the City Center twice, once when I was feeling cruddy - so here I am with my bottle of Sprite (which was my breakfast, lunch and dinner that day!)

A cute little coffee shop called The Pod.

Look at the walls to the entrance of the Aria hotel - waterfalls!
On our last night, we went to the Venetian.

Things are starting to get Christmas-y in Vegas!


We had a wonderful dinner at TAO.

....and a yummy dessert, too!

We saw the beautiful fountain show a few times.


One evening we saw the musical, Lion King. We had the best seats - fifth row from the front, on the aisle! It was a terrific show.


Every year, we have our picture taken in this exact spot at Ceasar's Palace.
Can't wait to have this picture taken again next year!


3 comments:

Clarese said...

I'm glad you managed to have a good time despite being sick! Love the pictures. I'm debating forgoing my annual trip to Vegas in Feb/March and going to Paris then instead... We'll see what I decide.

Mare's page said...

I'm so glad you got better and had some fun in Vegas! I loved seeing the pictures from the City Center since it was just being built last November when we were there. I am looking forward to seeing it in person!

Jen said...

SOOOO jealous! You two are adorable. Don't you love how beautiful....and how tacky Vegas can be all at the same time. It's such a land of extremes! Looks like you guys got to see all of the gorgeous stuff. =) Glad you're feeling better!