I was thinking about the past year, and I thought I would come up with a fun list of my favorite things of 2010...
1) Antoine Dodson. Every year Nick shows me some "YouTube Sensation", and this year Antoine Dodson would have to be our favorite. His reaction to his sister's attack is so right-on, and he has no qualms showing how he really feels. We find ourselves quoting him all the time!
"You can run and tell that...home boy!"
2) Hampton Inn and Suites. In 2010, our family did several road trips, and we tried to stay at the this hotel each time. It always gave our family of 5 enough room, everything was clean and nicely decorated, the pool and gym were fun, yummy cookies and milk in the lobby, and most of all, they had a wonderful free breakfast. We had some good times here!

3) Flannel Shirts. I never thought I would embrace this come-back, but I own 4 of these, and I love them!

4) Pretzel M & M's. The combination of salty and sweet...I could eat these every day!

5) Moroccan Oil. This is the best stuff I have ever tried on my hair. The more I use it, the less frizzy my hair is. It smells great, and my hair just drinks it up!

6) Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns. For years, I had given up on reading books - they could never keep my attention, I had no time, and I didn't want to commit to reading anything longer than a magazine. I got this book for Nick, for his High School Reading List, and I LOVED it. This is the book that got me to fall in love with reading again. I think my problem before was I didn't pick the "right books." This one got me started on the right path!

7) Make-up - a) Too Faced Naked Eye Kit. I love the soft colors and the quality of the shadow. It goes on so smoothly and the kit comes with little "how-to" cards to tell you different ways to apply it.

...and b) Urban Decay Eye-lid Primer, gives the eye shadow some all-day staying power. This stuff is so good, I sometimes wear it without the shadow.

3 comments:
I read Thousand Splendid Sons as well and LOVED it. Going out this weekend to find the oil for my hair. Anything that reduces frizz is worth trying.
I'll have to read that book. Funny--I use that same hair oil!
do you know that guy is from here in Huntsville...the hood!
Post a Comment