Sunday, April 29, 2012

Las Vegas trip with my sweet girl...eating lots of sweets!

A few days ago, Karina and I came back from our trip to Las Vegas.  We had so much fun looking at all of the resorts, seeing shows, eating, and just having a nice time together, her and I.
We stayed at the Luxor
Our room and our view
We were pretty high up, and always had to look down to the lobby before we took the elevator.
First stop: The Venetian for lunch!
After lunch we visited the Palazzo, Wynn and Encore Resorts
A quick stop for some gelato!
Before heading back to our room to get ready for dinner, we stopped off at Serendipity and had an iced hot chocolate.
...but first, we found some time to check out the Bellagio!

On the way back to our room for a quick rest!
We had a small dinner at RM Seafood - a seafood salad, clam chowder and a sushi roll.  We were full from lunch (OK, and from the gelato, and the iced hot chocolate...) but this didn't stop us from the reason we came: The Ice Cream Name Game! We had SUCH fun trying to guess the flavors of the 16 ice creams we were given.  It was hard, with flavors like gianduja berry, carrot sorbet, and white peach hazel nut.  I will admit, Karina did way better than I did.  She even guessed the vanilla beer flavor...both the waiter and I teased her about how she knew that!
Hmmmm, is this grapefruit rosemary I taste?
When we were done with dinner, we hurried over to see the Criss Angel show.  We were lucky that our dinner and show were basically in the hotel we were staying.
After the show, we walked all around to look at the lights.  We watched 3 Bellagio fountain shows before heading back to our hotel for the night.
The next day, we had many places to see!
Taking a picture with Sponge Bob at the Excaliber
Karina at Paris
Near Bally's
We had a pretty big breakfast buffet earlier, but we didn't want to skip out on lunch.  So, we headed to Max Brenner and had the chocolate sampler for our meal!
It was pretty fun roasting marshmallows at our table.
After our sweet lunch, we explored Caesar's Palace and the Forum Shops there.
Nap time before our evening out!



We started our evening with dinner at the fabulous TAO!

We dined on dumplings, sushi rolls and Chilean sea bass.
...and - surprise -more dessert!
After dinner, we saw the Blue Man Group.  We didn't know what to expect and we were blown away. It was so entertaining! One of our favorite parts of the show was when tons of 'toilet paper' was lined up in the back of the audience, and it made its way towards the front.  It looked so cool, all of us covered in white, all while the lights were going crazy!
After the show we were able to meet the guys from the Blue Man Group.

On our last day, we had breakfast at the Sugar Factory.  

I had my usual - Nutella pancakes...

...and Karina had the apple pie waffles.  (I admit, it is kind of embarrassing looking back at all the sweets we consumed!)

The Sugar Factory has the best hot chocolate - so yummy!

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After breakfast, we walked over to City Center, to visit Crystals, Cosmopolitan, and Aria.  

Karina loved the Cosmopolitan with all of its sparkle!





Yikes!  It was pretty windy outside...
Doesn't Karina look happy?  Now she knows why I love Vegas so much!  

Where else can you see a chocolate dragon?
At the Aria, Karina tried one of my mom's favorite Vegas treats, a key lime pie tart.  She loved it!
Karina enjoyed her first (virgin!) Martguerita from one of the casino bars.
We visited the Titanic exhibit at our hotel. 
Back home, waiting for Michael to pick us up at the airport.  I will remember this trip with Karina forever...we had so much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a great time you two had, it looks so much fun to me, and it's so nice to see Mother and Daughter ( just like you and me) having a great time together, it will stay in Karina's memory always. Now I can't wait till you and I will go to Las Vegas again. but It is soo good that you Christina and Karina had a really great time there together.
Mom

Mare's page said...

Wow, I love how you two ate your way through Vegas...LOL! I LOVE Tao!! Glad you girls had a great time! Oh, and I love the chocolate dragon!