We were excited to go, because 1) it is fun to see a band play, and 2) we were hoping to see some old familar faces from back in the day. Well, we didn't really see too many people we recognized - I think it is because most of the people have gotten alot older, and have way less hair. I know Michael has way less hair now...

Michael's band HIGHWIRE - 1990
At least once a year, Michael and I try to see a band play from our rocker days. It seems like alot of bands from the 80's and 90's are coming around again, and we are loving it! It brings us back in time to when we first met, and it reminds us of how far we've come.
At least once a year, Michael and I try to see a band play from our rocker days. It seems like alot of bands from the 80's and 90's are coming around again, and we are loving it! It brings us back in time to when we first met, and it reminds us of how far we've come.
I used to love a guy who wasn't afraid to use a little hairspray!
Speaking of hair, I think my goal back then was to see just how big I could make my hair...


Speaking of hair, I think my goal back then was to see just how big I could make my hair...


And here are some pictures of us when we finally met. I love the one of us sharing a float in Disneyland. Now everytime we go there, we try to make it a point to have a rootbeer float together. Pretty goofy, huh? (HA!..."goofy"...get it?!)


Everytime I break out these old pictures, I have to laugh. My son Nick says that if it wasn't for rock and roll, he wouldn't be here! Looking at these makes me realize just how long Michael and I have been together, and how we have grown up so much. We had some fun times back then, but I am happy that our lives turned out the way it has. I love being a mom, a wife, and trying my best to lead a good life...besides, I think my hair looks better now!

7 comments:
You guys crack me up! It was so fun to see those pictures again! I'm so happy you decided to start a blog. I've added you to my page and I'll show you how to add your friends names to your blog next time I'm over. So, for the record I agree with you on your hair but back then most girls would have killed for hair like yours!
Oh my gosh! Just so you know--some of those pictures look like Karina with a wig on. I never knew she looked so much like you until I saw those pictures. We'll definitely add you to our website--though that's Russ' department. If you want to know how it looks like you can ask Ambyr.
That last sentence didn't make much sense--I meant if you want to know how to add addresses, ask Ambyr.
Welcome to the blog-o-sphere. Those are fantastic/classic pictures! I added you to my friends list too:)
This is GREAT! You guys looked great together even back then! No wonder he fell for you... you had the hair that every 80's (and early 90's) girl dreamed of. Seriously, did you get all that volume from a perm or was that just hairspray? Love it. It is really fun to see "the beginning" of the Larsen family. Thanks for sharing.
What a great start to your blog! Those pictures are classic. I was just wondering if you guys "dress up" in 80's attire when you go to those concerts now.
I just love your blog, and yes you and Michael have come a long way, I sure remember all that hair well. And also you two sure have the most beautiful kiddies.
From someone who loves you!!!
Post a Comment