Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I love food!

Today, at around 11:00 AM, I realized that I was hungry and *had* to have Thai food, so I grabbed a magazine, jumped into my car, and drove from San Bruno to Belmont, to my most favorite Thai restaurant ever - Chao Praya.

I ordered what I always have - rice, along with tofu and spinach in peanut sauce. I have been going to this restaurant for 20 years, ever since they first opened and I was working at a credit union in Redwood City. They know me there, and I don't even have to tell them what I want - they know right away! The nice thing is they always give me a freebie, too - today I got free fried bananas with ice cream.

Maybe it's because I am an only child, but I really enjoy eating out by myself sometimes - I have no problem with it at all. So, today, as I was eating one of my favorite meals and reading a magazine that I just got in the mail (Harper's Bazaar new Spring fashion issue...can it get any better?!), I am thinking, "It is good to be me!" (today, anyways!)

1 comment:

Erika said...

Mmmm this sounds so good. I love Thai food.