
Last week, my mom, the kids and I went to the new California Academy of Science museum, in Golden Gate Park. I knew it would be expensive, but I was hoping it would be worth it. IT WAS! Here are some highlights.

I really loved the aquarium part the best. Each display was interesting. At one point, the "walls" light up with a show - it is hard to explain - but it is really cool.

The big coral reef tankThe rain forest is several stories high, in a big glass bubble, inside the museum. 
The first floor of the rain forest
Up higher...
There are all sorts of colorful butterflies flying all around. My favorite ones were these huge blue and black ones. If you are lucky, they will pick you to land on!
In the old museum, one of my favorite parts was the African Hall, where they have several stuffed animals in various African scenes. Now they made it all new, and it looks great. At the end of the Hall, are real live penguins. (no picture, sorry)


Of course, there all sorts of other things to look at around the museum. We even enjoyed a show in the museum's Planetarium.


White alligator
My mom and AmberWe had a great time, and I would definitely recommend this place as a fun way to spend the day.


3 comments:
Looks like fun! Glad you guys enjoyed it.
we loved it! i think it'll be even better when my girls are a bit older. they were overwhelmed by the mass amounts of people that towered over then the entire time we were there!
I can't wait to check it out myself! Thanks for reminding me that we need to do this.
Post a Comment