Some people love the mountains, while others feel happiness when they are near the ocean. For me, my Happy Place is a lit-up, crazy town in the hot Nevada desert...Las Vegas! Well......
Our view from our room, at the Paris resort
We spend each day on different sides of the Strip. One day, we visited New York-New York...

The Excalibur
We always make it a point to see a show. My kids and I love the TV show "Criss Angel - Mind Freak", and he just came out with a live show in Vegas. Very entertaining!
We had dinner one night at "David Burke." The highlight of the meal was my dessert - a cheesecake lollipop tree with 3 types of cheesecake, and a bubble gum cream to go with it. Then, if that isn't enough sweetness to kill you, strawberry cotton candy comes at the end of every dinner.
Well, since I am talking about eating already, that is one of my favorite things about Vegas - all the great restaurants and sweet places. I ate fruit salad, yogurt and chocolate croissants for breakfast, lobster salads and crepes for lunch, sea bass and swordfish for dinner...with tons of sweets in between!
The chocolate fountain at the Bellagio

Me enjoying a gelato at 10:00 AM...a little early, but hey, it's Vegas!
My kids would love this!
For the first time, we went to Downtown Las Vegas, to Fremont Street. Imagine about 4 city blocks covered with a dome, and the dome lights up and plays music. You don't see that everyday! This is what it looks like before it is all lit up. It seems like you are inside, but you can tell you are still outside, on a city street.
And now it is all lit up!
Here is one of my favorite resorts, the Bellagio. I stayed there with Michael one year. They have a gorgeous stained glass ceiling in the lobby...
Here we are at the Venetian. When I am there, I pretend I am really in Venice. (some day!) We ate lunch here...pizza and pasta! When I came with Michael, we rode the gondola. (it is a bit too romantic for my mom and I to ride it!)

The Wynn is another resort we like to explore...
We love to go to Cesar's Palace because it is HUGE! I like the Forum Shops, and how the "sky" changes from day to night.
We enjoyed our stay at Paris. For now, this is as close to France as I will get! Inside Paris
Here are some last random shots...
This is the inside of Planet Hollywood. My mom isn't too crazy about the loud music they have! We stayed there once, and had breakfast in their 24 hour diner. The music was so loud my mom's scrambled eggs were moving!
This is my mom's favorite picture, I bet. She put in $5 in a slot machine, and out came $200!

Some day, when my kids are older, I hope to take them to Las Vegas - so that we can have fun together, like I do with my mom.

Til' next year!
*** Note: A special thank you to my husband for working from home while I was gone, and taking care of the kids, house and dog. I love you, honey!

7 comments:
Wow, great pictures! I know you look forward to this every year. These are times with your mom that you will both treasure always. That is so neat. Greg and I want to take the kids to Vegas some time, too. There is just so much to do and see, and you just can't put it all into words! Glad you had a great trip!
What a great trip. I will have to talk to my mom about starting that tradition. We are heading down your way this weekend for our annual Christmas shopping weekend away.
sounds great! quality time with mom is always a good thing!
It looks like you had a great time! Jason and I are going in February, and we are already mapping out our meals :). Mmmmmmm!
Chistina, I added your blog to ours. I know we only live in Pacifica, but it seems like we never seem to get together. I am going to call you soon. We have to have you over for dinner so you can meet the baby.
Las Vegas looks like an amazing trip!
Christina
Man, my parents live pretty close to Vegas and I have never really had a desire to go until now. You should be a recruiter for them or something. I was drooling just looking at some of those pictures of the food. And what a fun tradition you and your mom have. Looks like you had a great time.
What a fun trip! My parents live near Vegas, so we go quite a bit too. Here is something dumb. ..I never knew you could eat good food there, I have only eaten at the buffet and I am sick of those, so I am going to try some upscale stuff the next time. . .your menu sounded YUM!
Post a Comment