Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Basket Ball Season

This year, Karina expressed an interest in playing basket ball. When she received a flier in her backpack saying that our park and recreation department was starting up teams and games, I excitedly signed her up.

Unfortunately, I just assumed she would be playing with girls...
...but - ooops! - that wasn't the case. It was co-ed, which actually meant for every 9 boys, there was one girl.

Karina (No. 19) has been a trooper, and stuck with it anyway. She made a few baskets for the team for a couple of the games, and I was so proud of her.

It has been "OK" - she is a beginner after all, and I have definitely noticed the boys not throwing the ball to her as often as they do to each other.
This is my favorite picture of her - look at her hair fly!
(oh, sorry, that is such a girly thing to say!)

No comments: