Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Nick

On Saturday Nick will turn fourteen, and on Monday he will start high school. It is funny, but I was never the type of mom who wanted to stop time, or say things like, "awwww, you are growing up so fast, please stay little..."

I loved each stage and each age, but was happy to move on and watch them grow and get bigger.


But all of a sudden, I find myself freaking out, and I want to say, "whoa, hold on! In five years, you will be a man!" And five years is nothing!

Right now, Nick will still hug me and give me kisses, even though he has to bend down to do it. He will still go shopping with me, and to places that at least I consider to be fun. If I ask him if he would like to go out for lunch with me, he is in the car before I am. He still plays silly games with his sisters. We love to goof around and take funky pictures of each other - whenever we see a cool spot, we both say at the same time, "Facebook Profile Picture!"


I pray that these things won't change too much over the next five years!




It will be interesting, exciting, and scary watching him over the next 4 years.

Have a happy birthday, Nicky!

3 comments:

Jade said...

I am feeling your fears, my thoughts exactly. I don't want them to be babies forever, but boy the growing up is a little scary.

Jen said...

What a sweet post! You are such a fun mom Christina, I have a feeling that your babies will ALWAYS be your friend. =) p.s. LOVE pic at the salt flats. I hope you have that one framed somewhere in your house!

Mare's page said...

Love those pictures! Nick is a great kid and I think he will always be that way. I am with you; it scares me a little how big mine are getting. I definitely feel like we are heading into unchartered territory!