Saturday, March 23, 2013

Anniversary Trip to Las Vegas

Last weekend, Michael and I took an overnight trip to Las Vegas to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  We left the kids home alone, and off we went!
We stayed at The Palazzo, and our room was gorgeous.  I am not sure if all the rooms there look like this, but our's had 2 "levels" and a huge bathroom. 

Here is our living room.

I loved the area that is on the left of this picture - a perfect place to do my makeup! 
The couch was so comfy! 

The view from our room.

We had lunch at Sushi Samba. 
I showed Michael a few things he did not see the last time he was here, like the hotel we were staying in! 



We stopped off at the Venetian next door.

Michael is happy because he bought a 6 pack of his favorite chocolate.  I also had to let him try my favorite:  Chocolate Pizza!!!


Bellagio in the Spring


We came back to our hotel for awhile before heading out to dinner where I did one of my favorite things: chill out in front of a window overlooking the strip. 
We had dinner at MIX, which on the very top floor of theHotel at Mandalay Bay.  What a view! 
The inside of the restaurant was beautiful, as well.  The food was good, but we had to wait so long to get it! 

When we were done with dinner, the view was a bit darker. 

After dinner we saw the show by The Blueman Group.  I snuck a picture of these huge balls and toilet paper making their way around the audience. Fun stuff!
The next day we had to go back home, but we still had time for a wonderful breakfast at Thomas Keller's Bouchon restaurant.  I had the waffles, and Michael had french toast.  



Yum!
After breakfast we had time for an early morning walk and a visit to the Wynn and Encore. 



It was nice to have a get away, even if it was just for one night! 

No comments: