Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vacation Is O*V*E*R !

Most people think of June as vacation time.

Karina is waiting for school to be over - June 13th is the last day!

Well, that isn't quite true for me. I have had an extremely easy year because for the first time, all three of my kids went to the same school (that is just across the street!) at the same time. So, from 8:20 AM to 2:50 PM, I had a bit of freedom. Now that summer vacation is approaching, that is all going to change!

Some of the changes that occur will be...

Rooms that *stay* clean


Prepping for dinner in a leisurely fashion
"Ahhh, the feel, the smell, the sight of a freshly cut pepper. Is there anything else like it?"

Housekeeping - when I feel like it, because there is always tomorrow!
"Ack! How did I not see this spot of dust up here?!"

Reading a magazine or two
"I really should be doing the...ahhh, nevermind!"

And when the kids are due back from school, all I had to do is see them across the street...

Our commute to school is so easy! Look at that long cross walk, ha ha.

...and I am ready with after-school snacks and homework helps.
"Hello, my little darlings...tell mommy about your day!" (OK, I don't really look or sound that crazed in real life)

After a day of being alone, I am ready and waiting for them (...but I already have the laundry done, the grocery shopping done, dinner prepped...).
Other things I was able to do was volunteer as a "Math Mom" in Karina's class (me, who is TERRIBLE at math...they were desperate!), meet Michael for lunch at his work in the City, go shopping with my mom, and work on lessons for church.

So, this summer vacation will be an adjustment for me. Back to reality, right? Wish me luck!!!




2 comments:

Coleen and Todd Staples said...

so true! I always remember my mom talking about how excited she was for us to go back to school so she could get things done:) Good luck this summer! haha

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

This post is too fun! I love it!