Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 2 - Seaworld

After dinning on donuts and sugary cereal for breakfast (blahhhh...but it was free, so we can't really complain), we got to Seaworld right as it opened. First we checked out the animal exhibits. We went to the Artic Zone, Penguin Encounter, and to the Shark Tunnel. We saw all kinds of creatures.
A beluga whale


My kids favorite, a walrus. Nick took about 20 pictures of this dude...and they all look just like this picture!

What a cute little guy!

We went to the Killer Whale tank at night, and they swim right up to the glass. This guy was HUGE and weighed 9,000 + pounds. I was in awe of them.


OK, this guy is very creepy, and just too big.

At Seaworld, I learned that it is impossible to have a good hair day. My hair did things on this trip that I never knew it could do. Between the humidity, the wet rides we went on, and sitting in the "Soak Zone" (which of course, the kids insisted we do), my hair was about 3 times its normal size in frizz. (uh, yeah, ya' think I am going to post a picture of that?! Sorry!)

This ride was crazy - fast, high, twisty, and WET.

Our view from the Soak Zone - 2nd row! The whale pounded us with splashes.

OK, let's see of we can get any wetter! Here comes a big one!

No thanks. I learned my lesson...Michael, Nick and Karina went on this ride in the evening. Amber and I knew they would get soaked, so we passed!

We saw several shows - The Killer Whale Show, one with pets (dogs and cats together!), a dolphin/otter show, and the Cirque de la Mer show, out on the water. The coolest show was the night-time Killer Whale show, with rock music, cool lights, and the whales. It ended with fireworks. The dolphin show

A seal and walrus performing...

And my favorite, the night-time "Shamu Rocks" show.


Another highlight from SeaWorld was the Bayside Skyride, that you take over Mission Bay. We rode myself, Nick and Amber - and then Michael and Karina rode the other.

Pretty view from the ride...

...And a picture of Nick smiling!






We were at Seaworld from 9:00 AM until it 10:00 PM. Talk about a long day! We left exhausted but happy. We really got our money's worth...







3 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Very fun, we want to go there sometime. . . I think our kids would love it, too!

Anonymous said...

This sure sounds and looks like a great and fun trip, have to make sure we will go to San Diego and see all there is.
Renate P.

meagan said...

what a fun trip! The animals look great~ though I am a sucker for panda bears. You are a great mom- I love that you go for a walk and get ice cream as a family.