Karina has always looked older than her years. She is nine, but looks more like 13.
Here is an embarrassing story that happened to us this weekend. We decided to go for a walk one evening on Burlingame Avenue - there was a candy store the kids wanted to see. We round up the kids quickly and out we go.
As we get out of the car in Burlingame, Michael and I gasp when we saw Karina. In our hurry, we didn't see what she was wearing: a nice enough tee shirt, a denim skirt, and boots. Sounds fine, right? But this skirt somehow got soooo short (or did her legs get too long?), and with the boots and her long legs....yikes!!! I know Karina didn't try to wear something inappropriate, and usually for a nine year old, it wouldn't be. But, of course, we are talking about Karina.
"These boots were made for walking"...Is Nancy Sinatra Karina's inspiration?!
Michael and I were shaking our heads as we walked, but what could we do at that point?
Then, we hear, "Hey, Larsen's!" It was our Stake President from our church! Of all the times to run into him. I tried to hide Karina behind me, so hopefully he didn't see her interesting outfit.
Today I went to Karina's closet and sorted out her clothes...


4 comments:
why do they have to grow up again!? i know we've had this discussion before, but...
The followup is even more funny. Now our Stake President thinks we have a teenage daughter that's inactive. I'll have to call him and say "no, the teenager you thought you saw is actually our 9 year old"... umm, on second thought, maybe *you* should make that call (LOL!).
What a funny story! She does look much older than 9, she's a beautiful young lady!! Good luck to you, only 9 more years of teenage stuff!!
She is just too gorgeous to be nine years old, and her fashion sense is also beyond her years. Good luck with that "inactive teenager of yours"!
Post a Comment