Sunday, November 30, 2008

Karina is finally TEN!


Most of the time, when one of my kids has a birthday, we say, "Wow, I can't believe _________ is already ____ years old. " With Karina, it is more like, "Finally! Karina is ten year old!" Maybe now she will look closer to her age.


This year, we thought it would be fun to take our family to Fresno for Karina's birthday, to visit Marianne, my best friend since high school - and her hubby, Greg, and kids, Kelly and Austin.
...On the way to Fresno


The first place we went was John's Incredible Pizza. I love this place, because I love pizza...especially all-you-can-eat pizza buffets. They had peanut butter pizza (very yummy), mac and cheese pizza (surprisingly good) and cheeseburger pizza (too weird - it had mayo and pickles on it! But, it was fun to try.)



After we ate, it was time to play games, and ride a few rides. There was bowling, a "twister" ride, and bumper cars.



When were had our fill of pizza and games, we went back to Marianne's zoo...I mean house! With 4 kitties, fish, and a dog, my girls were in animal heaven. Later on, we went to this beautiful outdoor shopping complex, called River park. Michael bought Karina a cute new jacket for her birthday, and we all posed for pictures in front of the tree. It was a nice night, with all the shops decorated for the holidays.

When we came home, Karina was surprised by a birthday cake!



The next day we had breakfast with together, strolled around River park some more, and hung out at the house until it was time to go. We had such a great time with Marianne, Greg, Kelly and Austin - I hope we can get together again soon...

We loved playing around with Brandy, who gave us tons of kisses!




On the way home, we stopped at - you guessed it - the Dairy Queen. Every time we drive by Los Banos, we either stop here for a treat, or I wave longingly at it. Since it was Karina's birthday, and since I am the one who gave birth to her ten years ago, we stopped here and had lunch and ice cream.


It doesn't get any better than this!

Happy Birthday, Karina!!!

4 comments:

Mare's page said...

Awwww...we had such a great time with you guys, too!! Hey, Nick REALLY must have had a good time (either that or he was still on a sugar high!) because look how happy and smiling he is there in Los Banos! :) Brandy is already missing licking your faces...hee, hee! Next time it's our turn to make the drive!

Lance and Kim said...

Happy Birthday Karina! Lance and the boys love John's incredible pizza, I hate it. It is so loud, crowded and flashy--sounds like I'm getting old! Glad you guys had lots of fun.

Clarese said...

What fun! How is it that you and Marianne both look you could still be in high school, but I look like I graduated 20 years ago??

The Shane's said...

wow! happy birthday karina!!! such a beautiful young lady you are becoming! it's been such a pleasure and a wonder to watch you grow up!