I start the day off with a breakfast of a small bowl of kibble. I never think it is enough, but mistress always says, "I don't want you getting fat!" As if!
Next, I like to check my pee-mail on our morning walk.
It is very important to pay respect to the neighborhood fire hydrants. All dogs know this!
If I am lucky, we stop off at Oma's house on our walk. I put on my best "Aren't I a cute dog - don't I deserve a treat?" - look.
I wait by the door - I know that is where she keeps the treats!
Sometimes my mistress leaves the house for a few hours. I sit and wait for her by my window. I have the perfect view of the front of the house, so I can see her right when she pull in with her van. Also, someone has to guard the house while my pack is away!
While I wait for her, I clean myself up a bit.
Or, I can hang out here and there...
When mistress finally comes home, if I am lucky, she will play with me! I think she likes to do that, even though I sometimes hear her mutter, "I thought the kids were supposed to do this!"
I am an excellent jumper and fetcher.
At some point in the day, the rest of the pack comes home. I am usually the first one they greet...always happy to see me!
Time to put on my cute face again! Sometimes a "high five" works well for getting a treat, too...

Ahhhhhh, now it is time for a little nap, while my mistress tends to the others. Sometimes she sneaks in a ear scratch, when she has a moment. Life is good!
Later in the afternoon, my mistress starts to prepare the dinner for her family. Of course, I am right there with her, giving her my cute face...sometimes I get really yummy tid-bits here - other times she shoooshes me away. But really, could your resist this face?
Tomorrow, I do it all over again! Not bad for a dog's life...

6 comments:
Awwwww...Rikku! I'm so glad we got to meet her. I love all the playtime pictures! :)
That was so cute! Good girl, Rikku :)
I LOVE this post! What a sweet puppy!
What a cute post. . .loved it!
Rikku you are a lucky doggy
and as I know firsthand you are
also a very sweet girl
Rene
Aahhh...I want a little corgie now. I love her short little legs and big eyes. What a sweet dog and a fun post!
Post a Comment