Every year, sometimes twice, Amber's class (and actually, Karina's class, too) pays a visit to the local nursing home. There, the kids sing songs, interview the seniors, play games with them, read to them, or make a craft with them.
Manny, Amber and Shirley, coloring a rainbow with a pot of gold.
The first time Amber went to the nursing home, as a Kindergartner, she was a little scared. But as the years went on, and the more times she went, the more comfortable she was.
One year, Karina's class got to paint the ladies fingernails! I wonder how Amber will feel about that?

3 comments:
What a smart idea! I loved seeing the pictures of the kids working with the grandmas and grandpas to build a craft together. So cute!
I love that idea...everyone benefits!
How sweet is that!? I want to do that with my girls too!!!
Post a Comment