My girls are always asking if we can get a bunny. I do not want any animal that I will end up having to clean its cage, so I always say (and always will!) say no. I thought the girls could get their "bunny fix" if we joined our local 4-H club. They have a bunny program there.

Once a month, on a Tuesday evening, we would meet at the farm, and the girls would learn stuff about rabbits. The best part, though, was when they let the rabbits loose in the room for the girls to hold and play with. There were usually about 2 or 3 rabbits running around.
The club has a small farm with 2 goats and a pony...I think! It was usually dark when we were there, so I couldn't see exactly what was in there.

One Saturday, we took a field trip to the Humane Society to learn about their rabbit rescue and adoption program.
The club has a small farm with 2 goats and a pony...I think! It was usually dark when we were there, so I couldn't see exactly what was in there.

One Saturday, we took a field trip to the Humane Society to learn about their rabbit rescue and adoption program.




2 comments:
Awwww...c'mon, Mom! What trouble could a tiny little bunny rabbit be? ;)
We had rabbits when I was a kid. They were really difficult to keep - tons of cleaning involved!
Louis had a big lop eared bunny named Larry that lived in his back yard. That was a cute bun :)
Post a Comment