Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rock -n- Roll Reunion

What a night to remember! On Saturday night, Michael's old band from 20 years ago - Highwire - put on an awesome show. This was the first time the band has been together since then!
Me and my rock star husband


We had all kinds of friends there...people we knew from way back when and people we know now.
Erika, Mike and I before the show



Michael, singing to the crowd

The morning of the show, the band rented a studio to practice in. This was great, because we all brought our kids, so that they could have a "private concert" first...


Here we all are!


Amber and Gabe having fun with the drums during a break. Note Amber's outfit - she had grandma buy it the day before, just for this occasion!


Michael taking a break with the kids. I think they were impressed to see their dad perform.




Time to practice some more...tonight is the big night!



After practice, the guys went to the club for sound check and the kids and I went home, so that I could rest a bit and get ready! (I had an outfit planned weeks ago, and that evening when Nick saw me in it, he said "I am just not feeling that outfit, mom." What!?!?! I wasn't going to let a 13 year old kid tell me what to wear to show. Well, darnit, I ended up wearing the purple dress he told me I should wear instead - the one I wore when we went to Vegas together. So much for not listening to a 13 year old!)
Then it was off to the show. I met Kelly and Diana (band-wives, like me!) at their hotel and we went to the show together.



The first band was our good friend Sona's. She was the one who arranged this show, and if it wasn't for her, the Highwire reunion would not have happened.

Most of the guys in the band...
There would be 2 drummers, 3 guitar players, a bass player, and Michael.


Here is Michael, right before they started. I made sure I was in the front row so that I could dance and sing along.

Here are several pictures of the show:
Michael looked great and sounded great...I was so proud of him!

I feel bad that I didn't get more pictures of the drummers, Randy and Taz. It isn't easy getting photos of them since they are in the back...

Steve and Mark


Doug, Carlos and Michael




After the show, we hung out with our friends - old and new...


Michael and his co-worker, Luke


Shelly from Southern California



Ward, Rika, Lisa and Chris - all friends from church


Me and Kristine - last time I saw her was 20 years ago...


More old friends hanging out with Carlos and Michael...

Heather and Tara - they were big Highwire fans and came to all their shows. I was so excited to see them again!


Terry and Shonie - again, haven't seen them in ages. Terry was in our wedding!


Kelly, Diana and I. We are the band-wives, so we were up in the front when the band played. Kelly and I sang to each other, since we remembered all the words, even after all these years.
Fun night - I am sad it is over, but it was everything we hoped it would be!



6 comments:

Clarese said...

It looks like you had a great time! That is pretty funny about your outfit :)

Mare's page said...

Glad you guys had a fun night! That is so funny...I was thinking, "Hmmmm...that's not the outfit she showed me!" Now I know why! :) How fun to see all those people you hadn't seen in so long!

Jade said...

So sad we couldn't be there. Looks like it was a blast.

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun. Michael sounded great and I almost forgot how much I like playing with him... almost. We always get a kick out of looking at your blog.

xoxo,

Carlos and Kelly

Erika said...

It was a ton of fun.

meagan said...

So bummed we missed this - I bet Michael was awesome! Glad everyone made it back to school, and soccer practice. Who would have guessed that the rock band girlfriend would become a soccer mom!?!