Thirteen at Last !
This year Nick's Birthday fell on a Friday. We asked him what he wanted to do today, and he said to just lay around the house and relax, and go out for dinner to his favorite place, an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet, Moon Star. Easy enough!
It was nice - Michael's parents came out with us to celebrate Nick's big 13th birthday...
If you think that Nick's birthday could have been a bit more exciting, here is what we did the few days before his actual birthday!
Golden Gate Bridge and Beyond...with Marianne, Austin and Kelly
I was so happy when my best friend from Fresno told me that they would be coming up for a visit, and the kids were thrilled! I wanted to do something with them that they have never done before, so I thought it would be fun to walk on the Golden Gate Bridge.
I was so happy when my best friend from Fresno told me that they would be coming up for a visit, and the kids were thrilled! I wanted to do something with them that they have never done before, so I thought it would be fun to walk on the Golden Gate Bridge.
OK, no, we did not all get weird haircuts...this is how windy it was on the bridge! With the wind, and dodging all the millions of bike riders, it was quite an adventure.
After that experience, we took our picnic and found a place by the marina in Sausalito. (but not before we fixed our hair, of course!)
Next, we headed for downtown Sausalito to enjoy the shops, the views, and some ice cream.
The next morning, we ate the bagels that Marianne brought from Fresno. They have a place there that has the best flavors - peanut butter bagels and chocolate-chocolate chip, to name a few.
Then we decided to drive down to IKEA, because they have never been to one before!
(This is proof that I will bring my camera and snap away, anywhere.)



Don't you love it when you match your furniture?

It was a great time with our friends!



(This is proof that I will bring my camera and snap away, anywhere.)
Don't you love it when you match your furniture?

Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf
My mom thought it would be fun for us to go to Pier 39 to celebrate Nick's birthday. We always have fun there. It may be touristy, but so what?
While there, we saw lots of candy...
...lots of sea lions...

...and lots of shells!

I want that!
All Nick wanted for his birthday lunch was a big crab. He is so happy in this picture, can you tell?

This is where we ate...
After lunch, we headed over to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. Nick and I have been there before, but he really wanted the girls to see it, too.

The kids and Mr. Jackson...well, sort of...
Finally, we took a stroll down Fisherman's Wharf.
...lots of sea lions...
...and lots of shells!
All Nick wanted for his birthday lunch was a big crab. He is so happy in this picture, can you tell?
This is where we ate...
After lunch, we headed over to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. Nick and I have been there before, but he really wanted the girls to see it, too.
The kids and Mr. Jackson...well, sort of...
Finally, we took a stroll down Fisherman's Wharf.

2 comments:
Uh...is it too late for me to take back my consent on that picture? ;) Looks like a great week...even though I missed part of it! :) That one picture of Karina and the "old guy" is SOOO funny!!!! I'm glad Nick had a great birthday.
What a great birthday weekend for Nick! How does it feel to be the mother of a teenager?
I love that picture of you and Marianne - you both look great :)
Post a Comment