Saturday, May 15, 2010

No where to go...

Where can you find a cool aquarium...

Funky halls to wander in...


Exhibits featuring models of high rise architecture from China...
...and lots of colorful artwork to look at?







The airport, I say! Amber and I went there for a visit today, since Karina was at Great America with Michael, and Nick was at Scout camp. I put together a scavenger hunt list of things we might see there, and off we went.

We actually did find "A bear that says San Francisco on it" ...


Second on our list: "A captain of an airplane"

We checked off all the things we found, including someone running to catch a flight, the word GATE, a Hawaiian Airlines sign, and 3 flight attendents walking together.
We found almost everything on our scavenger hunt list!


After all that running around, it was time for a milkshake...



Oh, that's right, we almost forgot to look at the airplanes!



We love going on the Air Train. It goes all around the airport and the outskirts, too. We always sit in the very front part, so it looks like we are driving it.


Amber wanted to find some moving sidewalks to play on, so we found this one...

Oh, but then we found THIS one!


Amber really wanted a picture with a flight attendant, but can you believe we couldn't find any at the airport when we wanted to? Finally, on the way home, we found one! Even after stalking her for several minutes, she was nice enough to let us take her picture.

We had a fun day at the airport, even if we didn't go anywhere...or, hmmmm...maybe that is why we did have fun?!

4 comments:

Clarese said...

What a creative way to spend the day!

Anonymous said...

Now that was a great and fun day to spend with each other and it only cost you a milk shake !

Mare's page said...

Fun! And I love the picture of Amber drinking her milkshake! :)

Sarah said...

What a great idea! I might just have to steal it from you. :)

I've never been to SFO. They have ALL THAT stuff before check in? Does the air tram connect from the parking lot? I might have to email you. My kids would be in heaven if we did this!