Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Update!

Here are a few things that we have been up to this summer! The above picture is just a random one of us after church (along with a little friend from Amber's church class).


Karina was invited to Great America with a friend, so my mom, Amber and I went out for afternoon tea.




Amber's friend Taylor spent the night...


On 4th of July, we went to a pancake breakfast at church and rode bikes afterwards. Michael and Nick were not there - it was their week to go to Boy Scout Camp.


Karina went to camp as well, from a Wednesday to Saturday. Amber went to a day camp at the park for a week. In the meantime, Nick and I visited Michael at work and went out for Thai food for lunch...

One day, the kids and I ventured to downtown San Carlos to walk around...
We came upon a book store that had a "Where's Waldo?" book - I couldn't tear the kids away!

The real reason we went to San Carlos? To try this place:
Our goal this summer is to visit a independent ice cream place each week, and do a little review on it.
This one did great! We all has the special, a flavor called Goofy Foot. It has carmel and Oreo Cookies mixed into mocha ice cream. De-lish! This place was cute in that it had a surfer theme to it.

Amber had a piano recital and placed "Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof.


...and that is what we have been up to so far!

2 comments:

Jade said...

You should road trip to hanford ca for superior dairy ice cream. I promise the trip will be worth it.

Mare's page said...

Hey-I agree with Jade! Hanford is near us and I've even been to Superior Dairy once. Let's go! ;)