
1. Where did you meet? Michael and I met at a nightclub called the Stone, in San Francisco. He was a long-haired rock and roll boy, and I was a groupie-chick. I saw him as he was walking down the hall, thought, "yummy!" and put my leg out so that he couldn't go by. I remember the very first thing my husband ever said to me: "Well, since it looks like I'm not going anywhere, I guess I better introduce myself!"
2. How long did you date before you were married? We dated for a year after we met, then Michael asked me to marry him, and we got married another year later.
3. How long have you been married for? In December, we will be married for 16 years...
4. What does he do that surprises you? I know my husband so well...sometimes I will predict what he will do or say, and I am almost always correct! But he does surprize me every so often with new interests that he has. If you were to tell me 5 years ago that we would be driving to Native American Pow-Wow's to go dancing, while listening to country music on the radio...now that would have surprized me! Or that I would find him in the garage at 3:00 AM, working on a sewing machine, making a costume for Karina...again, I would be surprized! Or watching movies for hours, that have Korean sub-titles- can't say I would have thought of that!
5. What's your favorite feature about him? The whole package. I think he is so good looking, and that it is a good thing that he is losing his hair, because otherwise he would be *too* good looking. Of course, you should see him roll his eyes when I tell him that!
6. What's your favorite quality about him? ...that I am his #1. I can see it in his eyes, by the way he talks to me, by the way he handles me when I get mad, by the way he understands me...he really makes me feel like I am a princess. Other than that, he is very smart, hardworking, a good dad, and we think the same way about alot of things.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? What is it? He calls me honey alot.
8. What's his favorite color? Forest green
9. What's his favorite food? He likes Thai food (really spicy), sushi, and Mexican. He also likes foods that "have the benefit of never have being tried before." He doesn't like cous cous very much, though.
11. Who said I love you first? Michael told me in a parking lot of a nightclub, that he loved me, about 3 months after we started going out. He knew I was not ready for that, so he added, "I told you here, in this parking lot, because you can't leave! You are stuck with me here!" About a month later, I decided that I loved him too. We went on a fancy date one night, and I thought I would be clever. When he walked me to my door after our date, I handed him a small wrapped box, and said, "I have a special present for you...here!" He took it, unwrapped it, and inside was a little note I wrote, that said, "I LOVE YOU, TOO!" Corny? Totally. But Michael liked it!
12. When and where was your fist kiss? ...About 2 hours into our first date, looking over the bay...so, we've been kissin' for almost 20 years!
13. What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? I'd say going out to eat. I like visiting Michael in the city, and we do lunch, and just talk.
14. Do you have kids? We have 3 kids - a boy, and two girls.
15. What's a hidden talent that he has? Well, I never knew he could do wonders with a sewing machine!
16. How old is he? 40 - almost a year older than me. I will be 40 on December 3, but then he has to one up me and turn 41 on December 7th.
17. What's his favorite type of music? Ug, country! Well, that, and video game songs. Seriously.
18. What do you admire most about him? He is so smart and can really talk intelligently about anything. He knows alot!
19. What's his favorite past time? He likes to do lots of things, like Boy Scout stuff, Native American Dancing, watching Korean movies, read, snowboard, hug and tickle our kids. I think I will say snowboarding is his favorite, because he doesn't do it too often.
20. Do you think he is going to read this? Oh, for sure!!!!
Hmmm, so I think I will tag Erika and Jen J and Sara K...

3 comments:
I'm so glad you did this, I have always admired the love story between you, and I love the story of how you met, but wanted to hear it ONE MORE TIME!!
so sweet! you two are an adorable couple! i thought we had a good story! i think you have us beat! don't you know you are never suppose to marry anyone you meet out at a nightclub!? ha ha ha! so glad you two like to bend the rules! hugz!
love it christina, you guys are incredible and incredible together. and we all know that you are michael's #1, it is SOOOOOOO obvious!!!
Post a Comment