Monday, February 16, 2009

Me and my daddy...


I may be too old to call him "daddy" but that is what he will always be to me!

My earliest memories of my dad are when I was a little girl. Every weekend he would take me to Walgreen's in Millbrae, and he would let me pick a book - "A Little Golden Book" - to buy. Then we would go to Baskin Robbins to buy us both an ice cream.


Here we are on the sofa with our beloved little Dachshund, Hansi. We all loved this little dog so much, especially my dad, who would take him for a walk everyday.

Every summer we would go cherry picking. First we would go to the farm to pick the cherries, and then have a picnic in a park. We would go to A&W, and I would have the "Mama" burger!



I was a pretty good kid in junior high. Here I am the summer before highschool. Still a Daddy's Girl!


Oh dear, I was a bit more "wild" in my late teens, but my dad still wonderful.



Later years...


Here is my dad, holding me...

...and here he is holding his grandson, Nick!My dad is still the greatest - whenever I need any household help, he is there to fix it. If I need a ride somewhere, he takes me. He takes the most beautiful pictures, and he is a very kind man. I am a very lucky daughter!

4 comments:

The Shane's said...

that was sweet to read! aren't daddy's the greatest!

Mare's page said...

That is so sweet! I can agree wholeheartedly that your dad is a wonderful guy! You are both lucky to have each other. I loved seeing the older pictures of you guys together!

Jen said...

What a great post! Your Dad sounds like so much fun. My favorite picture is the one of you as an 80's rocker chick...SO GREAT!! =)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Sweet post, I love the photo of you during high school, what a babe!