If I were a 10 year old girl, I would want my best friend to be Karina. She is so kind and funny, and we have a lot in common. Since she didn't miss one day of school this year, I decided to take her out of class early so that we could have a fun day together. I surprised her with all of the things we did.First off, we took a walk on the Golden Gate Bridge, something that I have only done once myself, with Michael.
Great Views, huh?


Keep walking, Karina!
Next, I thought it would be fun to go to Sausalito, a place I haven't taken the kids since they were very little.

We had no idea what to expect. It was free, and there was no one else there. We went to a very nicely painted room of different landscapes. Here I am in the mountains...

Keep walking, Karina!Next, I thought it would be fun to go to Sausalito, a place I haven't taken the kids since they were very little.
As we drove there, I saw this place, and for some reason I decided to pull over. We had some time to kill, so in we went.
We had no idea what to expect. It was free, and there was no one else there. We went to a very nicely painted room of different landscapes. Here I am in the mountains...
Next, we saw a short film about the San Francisco Bay, and then we walked into this HUGE room that had a model, with water, of the bay. We were very impressed!

Since we were the only ones there, we could be silly and play with all the exhibits.
Since we were the only ones there, we could be silly and play with all the exhibits.





Time to go - This sure beat school!

6 comments:
Your kids are lucky to have such a cool mom. And you're lucky to have such fun, cool kids. If I were 10, I would totally be Karina's friend too.
What a fun day. I think I need to go check out Sausalito now.
Glad you and Karina had a fun girls' day! :)
Oh man this post made me miss my mom so much!! What a fun mother/daughter/best friends day!!
It sounds like a perfect day! I'm definitely going to have to walk across the gg bridge with Jason next time we are out there - he would love those views.
As always, you are an ispiration!
I love this tradition. . . I think I'll have to copy it. . .Wait, I think I said that last year.
Post a Comment