
The Luxor, where we stayed. The elevators go "sideways" and it is a very weird feeling!
What we did in Vegas
We were there for 2 days and 2 nights, so we were on a tight schedule. Here are a few shots of the highlights!
Walking inside New York / New York. It looks like night time, but it is actually around noon...
Outside at the Wynn
I saw these girls standing in front of a restaurant, and joked with Nick, "We should ask if they would take a picture with you." I wasn't even done with my sentence when he sprinted over to them! Afterwards, we were laughing so hard...
Next up, a gondola ride at the Venetian. This was our gondola driver, who would sing to us...very loudly!
Time for an iced hot chocolate at Serendipity 3...ahhhhh!
We took a elevator ride up the Eiffel Tower at Paris.
We went to the huge FAO Schwartz Toy Store, where Nick bought Karina and Amber a couple of toys.Date Nights!

Inside TAO - what a big Buddha!
I was really excited to try the restaurant TAO at the Venetian. Here we are in the front - notice the bath of roses that lead you into the restaurant. This was going to be fun!

Inside TAO - what a big Buddha!The dinner was fabulous. We had steamed vegetable dumplings, and curried shrimp tempura sushi rolls to start. Then I had a miso glazed Chilean sea bass, and Nick had sword fish.
But for dessert, we could not make up our minds! So, we ordered 3 things, and we almost finished them all.
After dinner at TAO, we saw the Cirque du Soleil show, "Mystere." Nick has never seen a Cirque du Sole show, and he was very impressed. No photos allowed there...


OK, this was THE BEST milkshake I have ever had. It was a Nutella milkshake, with real hazel nuts on top of the whipped cream.
After dinner, we explored the Strip. I love Las Vegas in the night - so pretty!
Nick, trying to look cool before our next evening out...

The next evening, we kept it a bit low key.
We ate at the Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay. There, you pick your meat (Nick had Kobe, I had Buffalo), and toppings - everything from pesto sauce, asparagus, various mushrooms, fried eggs, pineapple, different kinds of cheeses, various buns...you get the picture. It is fun to go down the long list and say, "I want that, and that, and that..." Plus, we tried sweet potato fries!
OK, this was THE BEST milkshake I have ever had. It was a Nutella milkshake, with real hazel nuts on top of the whipped cream.After dinner, we explored the Strip. I love Las Vegas in the night - so pretty!








4 comments:
What a FUN trip! I'm so glad you were able to go with Nick. He looks so happy! That is the most I have seen him smile in pictures ever! :)
Wow! You guys really packed in a lot of stuff during those two days. Looks like you had a great time.
What a fun trip, our (now)
Eagle-Scout Nick looks so happy, I just knew he would love Las Vegas ,
after all so do his Mom and His Oma.
I've been to Vegas several times and have somehow never seen most of what you took pictures of. I'm going to have to have you outline me a tour next time I go. I'm sorry to hear you're alone in Primary for awhile--though I have no doubt you'll do just fine. You're what makes that Primary so great!
Post a Comment