When we arrived, we set up the tent, and the girls and I put out the sleeping bags.
In the meantime, Nick cooked us up some dutch oven meals. We had coca-cola chicken, and peach cobbler. Doesn't it look yummy?
Afterwards, we made S'mores and hung around the campfire. We were visited by a raccoon who tried to steal our marshmallows!
Almost time for bed!
In the morning, Michael made breakfast to go with the muffins I made. He made something called a "Train wreck," which had eggs, bacon, and hash browns.
The kids explored our campgrounds, while we took down the tent to get ready to leave.
Afterwards, we drove around the park a bit, and found a nice place to take a walk.
On our drive home, we wanted to get out to stretch our legs, so we stopped off at a place along the coast called Pigeon Point.


So, I survived our camping trip, and it was a lot of fun! Like I said, we usually go camping with the Scouts, or with the Native American dance team groups, so this was a totally different experience. I liked just hanging out with my family, so for me, this was ideal. I think I will go again next year!

5 comments:
Hi Larsen family, good pictures this is my kind of camping too, one night, there could be more then one racoon !!!
Rene, also known as Oma
It looks like you had a beautiful spot. I loved camping when I was a kid. Not something I would want to do these days!
Looks like fun! Glad it was a good time for all! Now you can have a new tradition of camping every summer. :)
SO FUN! Family camping trips are the BEST! And, it looks like the men in your family really know their way around camping food. =) Don't you love pigeon point? One of my favorite movies was filmed there!
I'm glad you survived camping. It looks like a beautiful area. The fact that you want to go again is a good thing. :-)
Post a Comment