Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 7 - Mongolian in Mountain View

Today was a "Get Up and Go" day - that means we we pick a near by city, and go there for the sole reason to explore it. This time the winner was city of Mountain View, about 35 miles away.


We walked by many restaurants, and decided to try Mongolian Barbecue. We have never tried that before.
First, you get a bowl, and like a salad bar, you pick several items: cut up meats, tofu, sprouts, broccoli, water chestnuts, noodles, shredded carrots...you get the picture. Then, you choose a sauce (there were about 7 to choose from, and you can even mix and match).



Once your bowl is filled, you give it to this guy to cook it...


...and then you get a yummy dish that you created yourself!

For dessert, we saw that they had chocolate fondue! It was fun to dip marshmallows, bananas, pineapple, pretzels, oranges and apples into the mini-chocolate fountain.





Next, we walked around the downtown area, and looked in several stores.


Here is a picture of Karina at a "New-Age" store. The kids loved it here, for some reason, and I couldn't get them to leave!



We also went to a pet store and a book store. It was funny - at the book store we found copies of "Eat This - Not That", so we all sat on the floor for about 20 minutes reading it to each other.

It was a fun day in Mountain View, California!

5 comments:

Mare's page said...

Yup! That is JUST like I was talking about. Next time we come visit, I want to go to the Mongolian BBQ place! :)

Jen said...

How do you make everything so adventurous? =) I always thought of Mt. View as suburbia boring but you make it look so exciting! I'm seriously convincing Tal to go to the Mongolian bbq joint! What a cute family.

Anonymous said...

Whow , just got to try this
Mangolian BBQ Restaurant ,sounds so good to eat !

Clarese said...

I love Mongolian BBQ. Fun to make and eat! It looks like a great day :)

Erika said...

Sounds great. I love Mongolian food.